Staffel 2 - Diskussion

Werden die Dillon Panthers Landesmeister? Unterhaltet euch hier mit anderen Fans über die High School-Footballstars, ihre Freunde und ihre Familien.

Moderator: philomina

ladybird

Staffel 2 - Diskussion

Beitrag von ladybird »

Hier könnt ihr alle Spoiler zur 2. Staffel von Friday Night Lights posten.
Freu mich schon auf das Diskutieren mit euch allen, wenn es wieder losgeht. :)

Zum Auftakt ein paar Interviews:
Friday Night Lights Exclusive Cast Interviews
We go one-on-one with the coach, the players, the cheerleader, and more.

Last week the producers and cast of Friday Night Lights took part in a Q&A for their acclaimed series. While some of the content was similar to another discussion they'd done a couple of months ago, there was one big difference: this time everyone knew they were definitely coming back for a second season, as the show was officially renewed last month. Executive Producers Jason Katims and Peter Berg were pretty tight lipped on details about Season 2, though Berg said he was incredibly excited about what Katims had told him were his plans for Episodes 1 - 8. The one detail Katims gave was that Season 2 would pick up eight months after Season 1 and immediately deal with the pregnancy of Tami Taylor (Connie Britton), which was revealed in the Season 1 finale.

Before the event began I was able to speak to many of the Friday Night Lights cast for exclusive interviews with IGN. Those I spoke to included Kyle Chandler ("Coach Eric Taylor"), Adrianne Palacki ("Tyra Collete"), Gaius Charles ("Brian 'Smash' Williams"), Aimee Teegarden ("Julie Taylor"), Minka Kelly ("Lyla Garrity"), Zach Gilford ("Matt Saracen"), and Connie Britton ("Tami Taylor").

Kyle Chandler ("Coach Eric Taylor")

IGN TV: I'm assuming you guys knew from the beginning that you were doing quality work, but were you surprised by the onslaught of great reviews?

Kyle Chandler: Yes. Originally when we were in New York and I saw the reviews, I was flabbergasted. I mean I was floored. It was pretty incredible. And as far as did we know if we were doing quality work, you like to think you're always doing quality work, but then once it gets all put together and you find out how good it is in the end, you realize you've got so many people taking care of you and taking care of your little piece and putting it into a really nice painting, and that's how that works. We just have a bunch of great people working together, all at once.

IGN TV: The people who love this show really, really love it. What do you think it is about the show that connects with them so much?

Chandler: I think there's an honesty in the moment that's interesting. It's almost uncomfortable to watch, even though it may not be an uncomfortable scene. But it's different. It's an uncomfortable honesty in the scenes that's interesting and very unscripted. We do follow the scripts; we always do versions of the script, and then we find ourselves breaking away from it and we create more. And we give them so much to work with, because sometimes when you're working with someone and you don't know what they're gonna do, your reaction is so real that you can't escape finding things that you just wouldn't have imagined creating. So there's a lot of those. We work the material a lot. It's a lot like theater almost when we're shooting. And we can shoot quick, so we're afforded the time to rehearse a lot on the moment, working with the cameras rolling, basically.

IGN TV: Have they told you anything about Season 2 yet?

Chandler: No, I'm just waiting. I think last time they asked the question, "What do you want from the writers this year?" And my response was, "Just keep doing what you're doing." I don't need to impress anything on them. They're doing a fine job, so it's always nice to get the script in the morning.

Adrianne Palacki ("Tyra Collete")

IGN TV: What do you think it is about the show that leads to the fans connecting so much with it?

Adrianne Palacki: I think that the thing that [Executive Producer] Pete Berg did was he created this world that is so realistic. And the issues that are on the show - rape, religion, racism… All these things are things that are dealt with and they're dealt with in a very realistic fashion, and not over the top, but also they're not prettied up for TV. So I think that's why it's such a great show for a family and why it's so dynamic.

IGN TV: Was it fun to get to show the growing friendship between Tyra and Julie?

Palacki: Yeah, that was really exciting. And the scenes with Connie and the scenes with Landry were really exciting.

IGN TV: Audiences seem to really respond to the Tyra/Landry scenes.

Palacki: Oh, absolutely. And Jesse [Plemons] is… I mean everybody on the show is amazing, but Jesse is a really phenomenal actor, and it was exciting for him too, to also have an arc as well.

IGN TV: Did you know pretty far ahead of time about the attempted rape Tyra was going to go through?

Palacki: No. I was actually in L.A., like the weekend before we got the new script, and [Executive Producer] Jason Katims called me and he said, "Look, this is going to be in the next episode that you haven't read yet, and I just want to make sure that you're okay with it, and I don't want you to be freaked out." And I said, "I think that's a phenomenal thing and I'm excited." I was flattered to be a part of that storyline, because I think that's something that young girls deal with; not only young girls, but women in general. And I think to be a part of that story, and show the strength in it would be just phenomenal. It was so flattering.

IGN TV: We saw Tyra and Lyla mend fences a bit at the end of last season. Would you like to explore more of that in Season 2?

Palacki: Yeah, we'll see. The one thing about the show is I just want it to stay true to life. And if that is that we become friends, then so be it, but if not, then… no! [Laughs]

IGN TV: Speaking of true to life, do you think that Landry's ever got a shot with Tyra?

Palacki: I want him to! I'm pulling for him. I'm saying, "Come on!" But you know, who knows?

Gaius Charles ("Brian 'Smash' Williams")

IGN TV: What is it about this show that helps it connect with fans and critics so much?

Gaius Charles: I think what it is, is that there's something in the show that everyone can identify with, whether it be the struggles with being in high school, or whether it be the struggles with love interests, or marital problems. Everybody has a show that relates to their life, and I think once you can sort of transport yourself into the world of the characters, you can identify the show and really relate to it.

IGN TV: The fans were on pins and needles waiting to hear if you'd be renewed. What were you guys hearing?

Charles: We were hearing lots of different percentages, like, "It's an 80/20 chance!", "It's a 90/10 chance!" And at the end of the day, all we can do is control the work that we do. We can't control how many people are watching or don't watch. We can't control the actions of the network or the studio. We can just control the quality of our work and our commitment to it, and I think that's been our strategy from the gate, and it's great to see that strategy has paid off.

IGN TV: This coming season are you hoping to see more of Smash's relationship with Waverly explored?

Charles: [Laughs] Everybody wants to know about Waverly! Waverly should be showing up anytime now. But yeah, I would, I would. We've seen the initial reaction to her mental health issues, but I'd like to see how Smash and Waverly work through that, and sort of what the next level of that is.

IGN TV: Has it been nice for you to be able to explore more of Smash's vulnerable side?

Charles: Absolutely. I mean as an actor you always want to play characters that have really high arcs. It would be really unfortunate if all I got to play was Smash as this cocky running back. But I think as you explore his heart, his love interests, his faith, you really see this man as someone who's very complex and very nuanced. I think that's true to life and what we all try to do is bring real characters to the screen.

IGN TV: When do you go back to shoot again?

Charles: I believe the date I heard was July 18th.

IGN TV: Any hints you've heard on what to expect?

Charles: I've got a couple of spoilers, but you know, I can't give it to you just like that! Come on! [Laughs]

Aimee Teegarden ("Julie Taylor")

IGN TV: What do you think it is that makes this show work so well?

Aimee Teegarden: I think the show's just very real. It's not like a Hollywood, glossy version of Texas and what everybody thinks it's gonna be. And I think it really gets down to real people. They're not just characters, they're people you can connect with. "Oh, my uncle's exactly like that. My friend is like that," or, "I can connect with Minka's character," or something like that. I think that everybody connects, in someway or another, to the show.

IGN TV: The show has gotten some amazing reviews.

Teegarden: You know what, when I auditioned for the pilot, I didn't know Peter Berg, I'd never watched the movie. I auditioned and got it and we shot the pilot, and I was like, "Okay, whatever." And then I saw the pilot. And you could just see how great it was from the pilot and starting off. And then when we got picked up for a full season, everyone was like, "Oh, we're gonna keep it up." And our writers and our directors and camera people and crew have done just such a wonderful job keeping that authenticity up.

IGN TV: Kyle was mentioning to me how you guys improvise quite a bit on the show.

Teegarden: Yes we do, yes we do!

IGN TV: Does that throw you for a loop sometimes, or is it fun?

Teegarden: It really freaked me out the first couple of episodes, because I'd say my line, and I'm used to the actors saying their line, and then my next line. But on this show, oh, no, no. I say my line and then he says his line, and I'm like, "'Scuse me, 'Scuse me! You're not writing the words!" [Laughs] I was freaked out! And then after awhile, I got used to it. And you definitely get more in touch with your character, and like, "Okay, if Julie's in this situation, she would 'blank'", or whatever, you know? And I think it's a lot more fun. It's more like acting class than actually shooting a TV show, so it's fun to play around with different stuff. I mean one scene you'll start out and it'll be written as a crying scene and then by take ten it'll be yelling at somebody or something.

IGN TV: I feel like fans of this show want to be adopted by the Taylors. Do you hear that a lot?

Teegarden: [Laughs] I do. "You guys are the most perfect family on TV!" The dynamics of the Taylors I think are really nice. It's your typical All-American kind of family.

IGN TV: The fans are also very invested in Matt and Julie. Is that a relationship you'd like to continue playing on the show?

Teegarden: I'm perfectly happy with Matt and Julie's relationship. I think it's a nice, sweet, young, teen relationship that kind of deals with a lot of real issues that teens have, like "I Think We Should Have Sex" or kissing for the first time. Just a lot of stuff that teens go through, and it deals with in a real manner.

IGN TV: You got to explore a bit of Julie's bad side as her and Tyra's friendship developed. Was that fun for you?

Teegarden: Definitely, yes. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed myself and Annie Palicki is wonderful at acting and it was a lot of fun to actually be having scenes with her. 'Cause for awhile, I didn't have scenes with anybody. The only person on the show I've not had a scene with is Scott Porter, so second season I'm gonna have a scene, and it's gonna be a good one. Maybe some making out! But you never know.

IGN TV: [Laughs] Is that a suggestion you have?

Teegarden: Possibly, for the writers. We'll see!

Minka Kelly ("Lyla Garrity")

IGN TV: So any updates since the last time we spoke on what's to come in Season 2?

Minka Kelly: No, I still haven't heard anything! They don't tell me anything! [Laughs]

IGN TV: Are you gonna try to hit up the producers for info tonight?

Kelly: Yeah, I'm gonna get Pete [Berg] in a headlock and try and get something out of him.

IGN TV: You just won a very interesting award at the Spike TV Guy's Choice Awards. What was the name of it again?

Kelly: [Smiles and shakes head] Yeah, "The Gift From the Gods."

IGN TV: What was it like to receive an award with that name on it?

Kelly: It was very flattering. It was a little much, I think, but it was really nice.

IGN TV: Was the improvisational nature of the show strange for you at first?

Kelly: In the beginning it was a little scary to actually trust yourself that much, because the writing is just so, so wonderful that you're afraid to change a word or two. But as you get more comfortable and the season went on, I got more comfortable with doing it. And it just makes it more real for you, when you're able to tailor it to your own way of saying things or doing things, you know? Yeah, it was scary in the beginning, but like anything, you just get used to it.

IGN TV: There's a couple of characters Lyla hasn't had much interaction with. Would you like to have more scenes with, say, Landry?

Kelly: I would love to work with Landry! Oh, that would be really fun, yeah. I'd like to have some scenes with the coach. That would be fun!

IGN TV: Now that she's not a cheerleader, where do you think Lyla might find herself?

Kelly: I don't know. I think in the last half of the season she really just started to find herself and have her own sort of strength and I really am excited to continue that journey with her. Her own independence and becoming a strong young woman; I really admire that in her character.

IGN TV: What's it like shooting in Texas? It must be very un-Hollywood.

Kelly: Yeah, and I love that about it. I love being in Austin. I love being away from Hollywood and still being able to do this kind of job. It's a dream. You know, the people in Austin are great. And the activities in Austin, there's endless things to do, like going wake boarding, riding… It's a great place. And you know, you're away from all the hoopla, and I appreciate that, 'cause you don't get distracted. I really enjoy it out there.

IGN TV: Were you shocked by how much positive press the show got so quickly?

Kelly: No, not at all! [Smiles] Yeah, of course. It's amazing and flattering and sometimes unbelievable, like you have to pinch yourself like, "Is this really happening?"

IGN TV: Why do you think the show has struck such a cord?

Kelly: I just think that as real as it is, that's what people are able to relate to. I think we do our best to make it as honest and real as we can in any situation that we're given. And I think that's what makes it so relatable. I don't think there's one character in the show that anyone can't relate to. We deal with real life situations and I think that might be what makes it so good.

Zach Gilford ("Matt Saracen")

IGN TV: I think you're great on the show, but I think my mom wants to adopt you. Do you get that a lot?

Zach Gilford: [Laughs]. Yes, I get a lot of older woman love and a lot of middle aged men coming up to me and saying, "I hate you! My wife loves you! She's always like 'Why aren't you more like that Saracen kid?'" I'm like, "I'm sorry. I don't write it."

IGN TV: Were you surprised by all the praise the show got so quickly?

Gilford: Yeah, completely. I mean I was so proud of it and expected so much of it but I never would have expected so much critical praise. It's so flattering and so nice to hear and it's just a little icing on the cake. Because honestly, when we did the pilot and I first saw it, before we knew whether or not we were picked up, I called Pete Berg and I said, "Whether we get picked up or not, just thank you for letting me work on this. If we don't get picked up, it's not for the product we made. It's for some reason outside our control, because it's just an amazing piece of art and television."

IGN TV: How do you like the improvisation on the show?

Gilford: I love it! I love it. It's so much fun, you know? Yeah, I kind of thrive in it. I think I do a fair amount of it, and then the people I work with in general, like Kyle and Jesse, who plays my best friend, and my grandmother… They're all great. Jesse is just ridiculous. Every scene we do, if you go back and watch them, my face is cut out of the majority of it, because I'm cracking up, laughing. It's funny, and it just plays into the naturalistic style of the show, so you're not just saying these words to someone far away that they wrote down. You're actually there, in the setting, and going with what's being said and what's actually going on, and reacting to it. So it's cool.

IGN TV: One of my favorite scenes this year was when you four guys were…

Gilford: …on the field?

IGN TV: Yeah!

Gilford: Oh my god. We all loved it. Because we looked around and we were like "We haven't done a scene together yet!" It wasn't until like episode 19 or so.

IGN TV: Yeah, you and Scott Porter especially.

Gilford: Yeah, I know. It was so much fun. We had such a great time. And it was freezing. It was about 20 degrees on that field and we were all wearing just like a cotton sweatshirt. But it was so great. It was so much fun. It totally brought me back to when I was in high school, just with my three best buddies, and we're doing something we shouldn't or going somewhere we shouldn't, but we're not even thinking about that so much; we're just enjoying each others company. It was cool. And it was nice to do, because we're such a tight cast, and to finally have the four of us together for the first time, it was cool. It was fun.

IGN TV: Matt was so insecure last season, but now he's won the championship and proven himself in a lot of ways. Do you think he'll be a little more confidant in Season 2?

Gilford: A little more, but I don't think that much. I don't know. The other thing to keep in mind is that it's going to be nine months later [for the characters], so who knows. So yeah, he'll be definitely a fair amount more than he was at the beginning of last season, but I don't think he's gonna be sort of the cocky quarterback yet. Maybe senior year!

Connie Britton ("Tami Taylor")

IGN TV: Everyone I know who watches this show says they'd love to be a member of the Taylor family. Do you get a lot of that?

Connie Britton: Yeah, isn't that crazy? But I want to be a member of the Taylor family. We feel really lucky, because we feel like we really have created this thing kind of by accident and we just have really cool relationships. A really cool marriage. A really cool mother/daughter relationship. A really cool father/daughter relationship. The whole thing.

IGN TV: Were you excited when you heard your character was going to become the guidance counselor and you could interact with the whole cast?

Britton: Yes! I thought that was brilliant. I was so happy they decided to do that, because that was really what it needs. Because I wanted to be able to interact with all those characters, and not just be [the wife]. I just think it gave it so much more freedom and much more interaction for all of us, so it was a genius idea.

IGN TV: You guys have a very R-rated outtake reel. Do you have a lot of fun on the set?

Britton: [Laughs] How have so many people seen that thing?

IGN TV: I saw it at the Q&A you guys did at the Museum of Television and Radio.

Britton: Oh, okay. After that I was like, "You know what, that was just supposed to be for us!" [Laughs] No, we have so much fun. We just joke around with each other so much and completely love each other and trust each other so much. And so we're just crazy. We're crazy and raunchy and we have a blast.

Quelle
Bild
If you work hard, good things will happen.
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Neue Spoiler!
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS PANEL
3:25 pm: While we wait for the FNL crew to huddle up on stage, whaddaya say kick things off with a fresh batch of spoilers. You game? Cool. I present you with the 10 things you must know about the new season of TV's best drama...

1. One of the show's big couples calls it quits.
2. Someone dies.
3. Someone commits murder.
4. The Panthers have a new coach.
5. Someone finds Jesus.
6. Matt's Gram gets a live-in nurse.
7. Remember the name Gracie.
8. Tami makes a new friend.
9. There's a gratuitous locker room shower scene within the first two episodes.
10. It ain't over between Tim and Lyla .

3:36 pm: The cast is being brought out on stage and... Zach Gilford grew a beard during the hiatus!

3:37 pm: Hey, there's my gym buddy!

3:40 pm: "We may not play quite as many full-out games as we did last season," says exec producer Jason Katims, adding that Season Two picks up eight months later.

3:43 pm: FNL soundtrack streets later this month.

3:46 pm: Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, my offer still stands: I'm yours for the adopting.

3:49 pm: Minka Kelly concedes that her character's actions last season didn't exactly endear her to audiences. That's right, blame the writers.

4:02 pm: Katims reveals that the thug who tried to rape Tyra at the end of last season returns in the season premiere. And something happens as a result of that "that ties Landry and Tyra together in a very intimate way." And I may've teased this plot in one (or two) of the spoilery bits above.

4:14 pm: Gaggle stampede!

Quelle
Was soll ich sagen? Tim und Lyla kommen vielleicht wieder zusammen? Juchu!

Jemand stirbt! Und jemand wird zum Mörder! :o

Aber:
Ein Paar wird sich trennen? Das können doch nur Matt und Julie sein. ;-(
Es gibt wirklich einen neuen Trainer! ;-(

Bin grad leicht verstört...

Und noch was von EOnline!
TV Press Tour '07: Everything You Need to Know About Friday Night Lights

Hey, everyone. Korbi here, and I have to tell you, if I was geeking out yesterday, I’m gushing today. We’re at the tail end of the Friday Night Lights panel, and I’m on the verge of tears, simply because I so passionately heart this show.

However, I have a red carpet date with the cast shortly afterward (wish me luck!), so in the meantime, my partner in crime, Jen Godwin, will give you all the thrilling details on what we’ve just learned about the best drama currently on network television.

FYI: She’s never seen the show, so go easy on her, but I will make a convert of her this season if it kills me.

Jennifer?

Field Goals: Football may not be as central in every episode of season two, although obviously it’s still the core of he show. According to executive producer Jason Katims, “We might not play quite as many full-out games as we did last year. We start [this season] in the last week of summer, and they’re practicing.” Katims says they aren’t looking to change the show, and they will go through the entire season. They just want women to know the show is for them as well. Also, they’re getting more into the defensive side of things this season. The new D-team rolls in around episode six.

Scintillating Socioeconomics: The show’s gritty realism isn’t going anywhere. Says Katims, "That’s the show. The show has for a backdrop a small town. It’s about high school football and the town’s obsession with it. It’s about marriage, parents, people trying to raise their kids, teenagers figuring out sexuality, [and] issues of race and class."

Kyle-Connie Chemistry: When a reporter gives Connie Britton the huge, deserved compliment that Tami Taylor may be the strongest female character on television, she goes for the humble joke in response, saying, "Kyle’s so angry that I got asked the first question." After she answers seriously for a while, he interjects, "Am I gonna get to answer a second question?" When the reporter follows up about where Tami gets her core strength, Kyle raises his hand.

Taylor Time: The new season zooms forward eight months, and in the season premiere, Tami is in labor, and Eric comes back from Austin to be there for the birth. The Taylors immediately go into a five-ep arc about whether or not they made a mistake entering into this long-distance relationship. Tami’s dealing with an infant and a teenage daughter who’s "acting out more than she ever has," while Eric is dealing with "what college football is like and coaching there and not being the head guy there. A lot of interesting dynamics come out of that." According to Katims, "Eric and Tami are gonna be intensely connected from the beginning" of the season, rather than being separated into discrete stories.

Roll Tape: When the DVD comes out in August, you'll be able to marinate in extra footage. According to exec prod Jeffrey Reiner, the first cuts of many episodes were 15 to 20 minutes long. He says, “Some of the material on the cutting room floor is pretty amazing.” Someone asked if the DVD would make or break the show, and Katims cracked, "I didn’t think it could break it!"

New Time Slot: Katims seemed at peace with the new time slot, Friday at 9 p.m. He says, "We always believed this was a 9 p.m. show...for it to be on at 8 was something that was a challenge to get past. And then the other thing was the idea of being Friday Night Lights being on on another night, so [there are] really really positive aspects of it.” As for any high school football fans who might actually be at games during that hour—they can record it, says Katims.

Hold the Line! Someone asked what Katims would do if the powers that be wanted to change the show. Katims said, “You mean before the suicide attempt? Or after? If somebody really wants to sit down and have a conversation about changing it, it’s hard to imagine how we would change it. I mean, we are adding the superpowers this year, but other than that, I don’t see any changes.“

Triangle’s End? Big news! Apparently Jason begins to get movement back in one of his hands, and he takes it as a sign that he could someday walk again. He begins to explore treatments for his condition. He ends up reconnecting with Tim and Lyla through that process of seeking treatment, and it follows up on what happened between Tim and Jason and Lyla last year and—wait for it—"resolves all that stuff."

Kiss and Tell: What’s next for Tyra and Landry after the kiss that got cut from the finale but was launched into legend nonetheless? According to Katims, in the first ep, the guy who tried to rape Tyra toward the end of last season comes back. Something happens as a result of that that ties Tyra and Landry together in a way that’s more intimate than their relationship now…

Dangerous Liasions: Minka Kelly, who plays Lyla, was asked about her “infidelity“ storyline and says people pointed fingers in her face and yelled at her about the character, “But a lot of people were actually touched as well, because you’d be surprised how common of a story it is. Scott and I worked with a lot of couples in the same circumstances, who were happy to see their situation being portrayed.”

Random Spoilers

One of the characters finds God.
Jason is full-time on the coaching staff this season, and the new non-Eric Taylor coach wants him to choose between the coaching staff and his friends on the team.
Seems like they may have cast the new coach today…Just a little hunch.
Bild
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Ich unterhalte mich doch gern mit mir selber. Ich hoffe, hier werden zu Beginn der 2. Staffel ein paar Leute mitposten. ;)

Hier ein neue Artikel inkl. Video zum Drehbeginn der 2. Staffel:
Friday Night Lights’ cast returns for shooting

It was like the first day back to school for the returning cast of “Friday Night Lights,” which began shootings its second season for NBC on Thursday.

Probably compounding that feeling: they were shooting at an Austin alternative school.

Thought the show only earned two Emmy nominations when they were announced that morning (one for casting, one to Peter Berg for directing last season’s pilot), spirits seemed high on the set. Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins), returning from shooting an independent film called “Gospell Hill,” said he was glad to be back and was happy to slip back into Riggins’ world of problems.

“It feels funny. It feels good,” Kitsch said, “we are so lucky.”

Kitsch recently bought a condo in South Austin near the Alamo Drafthouse on Lamar Boulevard and is taking the show script by script. Kitsch said he wasn’t bitter about the show’s Best Drama snub, but, “Truthfully, Kyle Chandler really deserved it. He’s the spine of the show.” Kitsch thinks it’ll give the show more fuel for the fire and, “it hasn’t taken away from the confidence we all have in each other at all.”

Adrianne Palicki (Tyra Collette), who spent time back home in Ohio and in L.A. with Connie Britton for the summer, says a lot of loose ends from last season get tied up in the first two episodes of Season Two, including the return of a character who tried to rape Tyra near the end of last season.

She says she’s still getting lots of positive feedback from fans, especially those who appreciate the show’s strong female characters.

Gaius Charles (Brian “Smash” Williams) spent time in L.A., New York and the Caribbean in the summer and shot an episode of “Law & Order: SVU.” He spent the rest of his time off relaxing. “This is an intense job,” he said.

So what about Smash? The actor said that after last season’s championship win, the player’s on top of the world. “Imagine LeBron James in his senior year of high school. He’s exalted like never before,” Charles said. One of the first scenes of the season involves a college recruiter knocking on his door.

Gaius Charles said he enjoyed this year’s Television Critics Association tour, especially in contrast to last year. He says the show once fought to establish credibility, and now it’s getting “respect and reverence” from critics and supporters.

And Zach Gilford (Matt Saracen) returns to town with his dog Pippen (napping in his trailer during shooting) after spending time in his hometown Chicago and in L.A., Alaska and Seattle among other places. Gilford laughed as he explained some recent photos that had circulated from the press tour showing him shaggy of beard and wild of hair.

He was taking some high school kids into the mountains in British Columbia as he has the last five years and wasn’t sure what his start date would be for shooting. He let his hair grow for the whole summer and when he was told he’d have to clean up for the press tour, he decided to show some chutzpah and keep it. Fans will be glad to know, however, that he was clean-shaven and buzz-cut by call time. Whew. We were worried, dude.

You may catch him at Z’Tejas, which he plans to hit up immediately for some tasty food.

He says the first scene he shot for the second season took some adjusting to. “We were a little rusty and we all felt it,” he said. He was excited to begin shooting some scenes at his fictional house in the afternoon. He promises Matt will be beset by troubles as always, which is good for the character. As for the always modest and charming Gilford, “I’m just glad to be here,” he said.

Bonus: We’ve got video greetings to fans from the four “FNL” cast members mentioned in this entry. Click here to watch.

Quelle
Bild
Faith

Beitrag von Faith »

Fans will be glad to know, however, that he was clean-shaven and buzz-cut by call time. Whew. We were worried, dude.
Ich auch. Ich dachte, ich bekomm einen Herzinfarkt als ich die Fotos gesehen habe. :wtf:
1. One of the show's big couples calls it quits.
2. Someone dies.
3. Someone commits murder.
4. The Panthers have a new coach.
5. Someone finds Jesus.
6. Matt's Gram gets a live-in nurse.
7. Remember the name Gracie.
8. Tami makes a new friend.
9. There's a gratuitous locker room shower scene within the first two episodes.
10. It ain't over between Tim and Lyla .
1 beunruhigt mich sehr, da ich befürchte, dass es sich um Matt und Julie handeln wird. 2 ... *grübel* puhhhh, keine Ahnung, aber ob das mit 3 zusammenhängt? 4 ist nicht wirklich überraschend, war irgendwie klar. bei Nummer 10 juble ich mal laut auf. ;)
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Für mich kommt das mit dem neuen Trainer doch überraschend. Ich hatte schon gehofft, dass er es sich anders überlegt (vor allem wegen dem Baby). Jetzt frage ich mich, wie sie ihn wohl einbinden werden. :ohwell:
Bild
Faith

Beitrag von Faith »

Ich hatte mir immer gedacht, dass er nach 5 oder 6 Folgen zurückkommt, weil er einfach merkt, dass es nicht das Richtige für ihn ist.
Dass ein neuer Trainer kommt, heißt ja noch lange nicht, dass er die ganze Staffel über bleiben wird.
Hörnäy

Beitrag von Hörnäy »

Ich denke auch. Finde es eher gut, dass sie es sich nicht so einfach gemacht haben und ihn einfach wieder zurückkommen lassen. Das passt zur Serie.

Zu den Punkten: Das mit dem Paar find ich auch scheiße. Denn es sind doch momentan nur Matt und Julie ein Paar und die Taylors, oder? Höchstens noch Jason und dieses Mädel, weiß gar nicht mehr, ob die jetzt am Ende zusammen waren, aber die sind ja kein "major couple"... ;-( Bitte nicht! Matt und Julie sind eines meiner Lieblingspaare ever.

Das mit Tim und Lyla freut mich jetzt nicht wirklich. Ich hab an den beiden nie wirklich was gefunden. Lyla hat mich eh die meiste Zeit genervt, auch wenn sie gegen Ende etwas sympathischer wurde.

Ich freu mich ja mehr auf Tyra und Landry :D Auch bei dem Mord bin ich gespannt und wer zum Glauben finden wird, könnte auch interessant werden. Vielleicht Tyra ^_^ Würde gern wissen, ob mit "someone dies" jemand aus dem Cast gemeint ist oder jemand "unwichtiges"... Vielleicht Mutter oder Vater von jemandem...
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Ich denke, es werden sich Matt und Julie trennen. Die geschnittene Szene zwischen Matt und Julie vom Finale hat mir schon nicht gefallen. Dort rennt sie nämlich zu ihm hin und erzählt ihm freudestrahlend, dass sie doch in Dillon bleibt und Matt interessiert sich dafür überhaupt nicht. Er ist einfach nur enttäuscht, dass der Coach weggeht. :(

Die zweite Staffel beginnt übrigens am 05.10.2007!

Quelle: NBC
Bild
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Rosie O'Donnell könte bei FNL auftauchen. Das kann ich mir irgendwie so gar nicht vorstellen. :wtf: So richtig gefallen, tut es mir auf alle Fälle nicht. :ohwell:
Will Rosie and Friday Night Lights Play Ball?

Is Rosie O'Donnell ready for some football? The producers of NBC's critical darling Friday Night Lights certainly hope so.

FNL execs are wooing the ex-View lightning rod to appear in an episode this fall. "Rosie's a big fan of Friday Night Lights, as we know from The View, and we heard she was interested in being on the show," executive producer Jason Katims tells me. "Usually we don't do any stunt casting, but we have a character coming up — six or seven episodes into the new season — of a female soccer coach who is really angry about all of the school's resources going to football. It's a really funny character and I think she'd be perfect for it.

"There's a scene where she comes in to see Coach Taylor (Kyle Chandler) and slams a dead soccer ball on his desk and basically says, 'You're the guy who gets everything!'" Katims continues. "It's a really fun scene, and it's the one time I'm thinking of stunt casting."

Katims, who will formally approach O'Donnell in the coming weeks, says he's willing to tailor the part to fit her wants/needs. "It would be one episode, but the way we write things, we stay very open to abrupt things," he says. "So if she comes out, loves doing it, and wants to do more, she could do it. But initially, it would be just one scene, and that would be the way to get her. Knowing that she could come [out to the show's Austin, Texas, set], hang out, have a scene with Kyle Chandler and then be done could be very appealing to her."

Responds O'Donnell's rep, Cindi Berger: "No definitive plans. They are in talks and she loves the show."

FNL would no doubt benefit as well. An appearance by the headline magnet could give the ratings-challenged drama just the shot in the arm it needs.

Thoughts? You game for a O'Donnell recruitment? Or is FNL swimming in jump-the-shark territory?

UPDATE: Rosie reacts to my story on her blog (scroll down to 24th question)!

Quelle
Bild
Hörnäy

Beitrag von Hörnäy »

Also, als ich die Beschreibung gelesen habe, konnte ich sie mir eigentlich ganz gut in der Rolle vorstellen. Ich denke auch, dass das vielleicht ein bisschen Publicity für die Serie bedeuten könnte. Andererseits ist Rosie auch eine sehr spaltende Persönlichkeit... Aber ich kann mir kaum vorstellen, dass jemand die Serie wegen eines Gastauftrittes plötzlich nicht mehr schaut... Von daher halte ich das für gar keine so schlechte Idee.
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Question: How about some Friday Night Lights scoop? Is Coach Taylor really going to be away from Dillon all season?— Dan
Ausiello: (Spoiler alert) Considering the new coach (Chris Mulkey) gets fired in Episode 4, I'm guessing not.

Quelle: Ausiello
Juchhu. Bin wirklich froh, dass er zurückkommt. Ich hatte echt Angst, dass sich das mit dem neuen Coach länger hinziehen wird.
Bild
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Es wird einen kleinen Road-Trip geben.
Question: What you got for me on Friday Night Lights?
Ausiello: I've got conflicting stories, that's what I've got. My Texas mole tells me that Tim, Jason and Lyla take a road trip to Mexico around Episode 5, and, while there, one of them fantasizes about a possible (pausing for dramatic effect) threesome. A source at NBC, however, calls this whole thing hogwash, insisting that the only thing that's accurate about my mole's report is the trio's trip to Mexico. Damn. For a second there I thought the show had a shot of doing a 10 share.

Rosie Won't Play Ball with FNL!
Now it's official: An NBC spokesperson has confirmed for me exclusively (and, by proxy, you guys) that Rosie O'Donnell will not be playing the crankypants soccer coach on Friday Night Lights this fall.

Bild
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Die ersten Promobilder sind draußen. KLICK :)
Bild
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Es gibt erste Infos über die Inhalte der Folgen zu Beginn der 2 Staffel.
Episode 2.01 - Last Days of Summer [Airing October 5]: Tami is concerned because her daughter is not speaking to her anymore. She learns about her daughter's activities through the ladies at the book club. Julie hangs out with a guy nicknamed The Swede, who is in a band, and Landry and Saracen don't like what they're seeing at all. Later Julie breaks curfew to see The Swede's band play and discovers the he has a college girlfriend, Meg. Julie's dad comes pick her up and has a few questions for her. Landry, Riggins, Smash, and Saracen, amongst others, are back at the field for practice with new coach MacGregor. Not all players are fond of this new coach. MacGregor decides that there will be one captain this year: Smash. The mayor, the entire football team, Buddy Garrity and MacGregor unveil a "State Champion Panthers" road sign. While driving her truck, Tyra thinks she is being followed. Jason, Mrs. Saracen, Lois, and Lyla also appear.

Episode 2.02 - Bad Ideas: At TMU, head coach Boyd, Taylor and some assistant coaches meet with Antwone, a player who is in troubles with the NCAA after accepting gifts from a booster. Boyd orders Taylor to escort Antwone to his hearing instead of running practice. Tami is clearly needed help at home as the house is really messy. 30-year-old Glenn Reed, who is filling in for Tami at school, drops by the house to talk about a few troubled students with Tami. Saracen ponders if he should pick Julie up for the first day of school. Landry keeps telling her to let it go and that he's sure she's not waiting. Later, Glenn meets with Tyra and tells her she needs to take part in some extra-curricular activities such as taking care of the debutantes. Landry learns her made the team. Things that Taylor and Tami experience in this episode have them think if living apart is such a good idea. Lyla, Riggins, Smash and MacGregor also appear.

Episode 2.04 - Backfire: This episode will introduce a new recurring character known as Santiago, a Mexican football player. This character is said to be a juvenile delinquent turned mechanic's assistant who will join the Panthers. He may be a potential love interest for one of the lead female characters. The episode will also feature 40-year-old housewife Mary Clarke.

Quelle: SpoilerFix.com
Bild
Hörnäy

Beitrag von Hörnäy »

Das klingt ja nach den ersten beiden Episoden nicht so positiv für Matt und Julie, oder? :( Hört sich alles irgendwie etwas seltsam an. Wie viele Monate nach der letzten Folge wird die Premiere eigentlich spielen? Wenn die Schule nach den Ferien bald wieder losgeht, muss es ja ziemlich lange sein. Denn die Footballsaison hört doch eigentlich schon im Januar/Februar auf...
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Ich bin ziemlich sicher, dass sich Matt und Julie trennen werden. ;-(

Wieviel Zeit dazwischen liegt, weiß ich gar nicht, aber es müssen schon ein paar Monate sein.

EDIT:

Die erste Promo ist draußen. *hüpf*
Hoffentlich kommen bald mehr.

EDIT 2:
Zwischen der 1. und 2. Staffel liegen übrigens 8 Monate.

Quelle
Bild
Hörnäy

Beitrag von Hörnäy »

8 Monate? :o Das ist ja wirklich ne lange Zeit. Ich glaube, ich finde das schwierig, wenn die das immer so vorhaben. Immer nur vier Monate aus dem Leben zu berichten und dann acht Monate Pause machen? Ich weiß nicht... :ohwell: Aber wer weiß, wahrscheinlich dürfen wir überhaupt froh sein, wenn wir das Ende der zweiten Staffel noch erleben :roll:

Zur Promo: Ist das derselbe Kerl, der Tyra vorher versucht hat, zu vergewaltigen? Das ist ja gruselig. Finde nicht, dass das ne gute Promo ist, um mehr Zuschauer anzulocken, aber nun gut... :ohwell:

EDIT: Mir fällt gerade ein. War nicht bei Ausiello von einem Mord die Rede? Könnte das vielleicht das Angesprochene sein? Er zieht dem Kerl ja so ne Flasche übern Kopf und das würde zumindest Sinn machen...
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Ich nehme auch an, dass das der Mord sein wird. Tyra und/ oder Landry werden den Vergewaltiger aus der 1. Staffel wohl ins Jenseits befördern.

Ich find die Promo nicht so schlecht. Sie macht mich auf alle Fälle ganz hibbelig auf neue Folge. Kann es gar nicht mehr erwarten, dass es weitergehen wird. *g*

Es wurden übrigens noch zwei andere Promos ausgestraht. Eine zeigt die Geburt von Tamis und Erics Baby. Die andere zeigt eine Szene zwischen Tim und Lyla (Quelle: FF). Davon gibt es aber noch keine Clips im Netz. :(
Bild
ladybird

Beitrag von ladybird »

Neuzugang bei FNL: Jessalyn Gilsig! :)
Exclusive Friday Night Lights Casting Scoops!

Good thing Thursdays are slow here in the Amish country, 'cause the Ausiello Report's casting scoop cup runneth over today.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Nip/Tuck's Jessalyn Gilsig has been recruited to play the recurring role of Connie Britton's hip, single and smart sister on Friday Night Lights.

Bild
Hero-Boy
Beitrag von Hero-Boy »

ladybird hat geschrieben:Neuzugang bei FNL: Jessalyn Gilsig! :)
Exclusive Friday Night Lights Casting Scoops!

Good thing Thursdays are slow here in the Amish country, 'cause the Ausiello Report's casting scoop cup runneth over today.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Nip/Tuck's Jessalyn Gilsig has been recruited to play the recurring role of Connie Britton's hip, single and smart sister on Friday Night Lights.

Boah geil, in N/T fand ich sie schon hamma. Danke für die tolle News. ;)
Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „Friday Night Lights“